About Me

My photo
Unpredictable sometimes,

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Assignment 2: Reflection

Your reflections/insights on your personal traits test

My reflection on personality test?

Being enrolled in this subject IT-Elective (technoprenuership) is one of the great things that happen in my life. I think that technoprenuership is one of the things that can help me to develop my skills and abilities and help me to know more about myself because of the some things that we took up in this subject. I never realize that being enrolled in this subject is a great privilege and a great chance to know that this subject is one of the parts or components that BSIT student should take. When I was in high school I really don’t know what course will I take cause that time my mind didn’t thinks a lot about my future, what will I be, and my dreams(ahm I have lots of dreams but not being an Information Technology Student in University of Southeastern Philippines or USEP). I never thought that being a college student will be tough and hard, like what I’ve heard before in some of the persons I know.
As a student like me, we encounter lots of lots of people with different personalities and we socialize with them even though some are not compatible to us. There are some unpredictable, angry type, passive type and other type of persons. So it came to my mind what really mean if we say personal traits. But I found out that Personalities are distinctive, each of us behaves accordingly to certain situation in distinct patterns. Humans are finely tuned to observe these behavior patterns of acquaintances and to notice behavior differences among people. As I surf to the net I found out that there are a big five personality factors that control a person’s character according to studies. The following are the big five personality factors:

Openness: involves active imagination, aesthetic sensitivity, attentiveness to inner feelings, preference for variety, and intellectual curiosity. This area consists of qualities like being creativeness and intuitive and having open imagination. Source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Openness_to_experience

In this matter I can say that I have a wide imagination because there are so many things that are running in my head if someone opens a topic and I almost got being talkative. But having a creative mind that a big problem of mine, even in designing or drawing in old days I only made a normal or a good drawing because I really don’t have this creative mind. In this area I think I got 50 over 100 but I still have the plan to improve whatever things that I’m not good to. In relation to being a technopreneur, as what I’ve learned that technopreneur is a risk taker. But before we take the risk we must have all the research and calculate all the possibilities so that on every result of every risk we are ready.

Conscientiousness: is the trait of being painstaking and careful, or the quality of acting according to the dictates of one's conscience. It includes such elements as self-discipline, carefulness, thoroughness, organization, deliberation (the tendency to think carefully before acting), and need for achievement. It is an aspect of what has traditionally been called character. Conscientious individuals are generally hard working and reliable. When taken to an extreme, they may also be workaholics, perfectionists, and compulsive in their behavior. People who are low on conscientiousness are not necessarily lazy or immoral, but they tend to be more laid back, less goal oriented, and less driven by success. 
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscientiousness

Seeing the words or components of conscientious above, I know I’m the fifty-fifty mode again. Back in the old days my parents would always say to be careful in whatever I do or I will do. Specially in borrowing things of others, they said that being careful to the things that you borrowed is also a sign of respect or trust to the on owner as he/she entrusted you the things that you borrowed. And in self-discipline I’m surely lacking of it. Because I didn’t almost discipline my self like waking up at 7:00 o’clock in the morning I oath to myself that I must wake up in that time but sadly I ended waking up 8 or 9 sometimes 10 am in the morning. And relation to being a technopreneur, it is very important to be carefully thinks what you will do before deciding to do it.

Extraversion: tend to be gregarious, assertive, and interested in seeking out excitement. They tend to think out loud and cannot solve things in their heads as well as introverts. You're talkative and don't mind being the centre of attention. Being alone isn't your favorite activity; in fact, the more the merrier.
Source: http://psychology.suite101.com/article.cfm/the_big_five_personality_traits
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraversion

As I try to understand the words above as a gregarious I would say maybe but not all the time because I want to have many friends but not in a way that I force them to be my friend. Being talkative I will say yes because if I have friend with me I want to talk with him/her I don’t want a silent mode between me and my friend. As to being a technopreneur, being an energetic and talkative is I think a great factor that would be a big help in building a relationship with customers. But being interested in seeking out excitements I think its kind of weather type. It depends in the situation that I’m on, because sometimes a want to wait than to pursue one thing.

Agreeableness: is a tendency to be pleasant and accommodating in social situations. In contemporary personality psychology, agreeableness is one of the five major dimensions of personality structure, reflecting individual differences in concern for cooperation and social harmony. People who score high on this dimension are empathetic, considerate, friendly, generous, and helpful. They also have an optimistic view of human nature. They tend to believe that most people are honest, decent, and trustworthy.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agreeableness

Seeing the components of one of the big five traits I would say yes because back then I always think of the difference of personalities to another and how am I suppose to deal with them that they will feel ok when they are with me. In relation in being a technoprenuer, he / she must know the differences of his / her employee so that he / she will manage them in a good way. In case of a time that you unintentionally hurt them he / she must have a way to bring and cheer them up back to their duties.

Neuroticism: It is an enduring tendency to experience negative emotional states. Individuals who score high on neuroticism are more likely than the average to experience such feelings as anxiety, anger, guilt, and depressed mood.They respond more poorly to environmental stress, and are more likely to interpret ordinary situations as threatening, and minor frustrations as hopelessly difficult. They are often self-conscious and shy, and they may have trouble controlling urges and delaying gratification. Neuroticism is associated with low emotional intelligence, which involves emotional regulation, motivation, and interpersonal skills. 
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuroticism
In connection to being a technoprenuer, having a business and managing it one must have a great control of his/her anxiety and temper. He must act according to the situation that he/she in one.

Before I put my reflection or insights into words about the test that has given to us by our facilitator Mr. Randy Gamboa last Saturday August 14, 2010 at the Lab 1 room. There are questions already coming up in my mind even before our facilitator gave the test like, what are the questions or type of question will be given to us, is this test really help us to know whither we already possess the traits of a technoprenuer, what will be the results of the test, and some more. But some of the questions were answered. The test that we had taken was a personal traits test or personality test which would determine if a person is a business minded or shall I say if a person has the traits of a technoprenuer. The test is answerable only by letters ‘ a ’ and ‘ b ’ and it’s a series of thirty two ( 32 ) questions or items and we must decide which of the given examples in each number will describes us best. All I did is just answer the questions by choosing the best answer that describes me, honestly. In what way ? By following what’s in my mind thinks the best answer and cheating the test never comes in my mind because I think it cannot help to understand my self. While answering I noticed that almost all the choices in each number has no connection to the other ( the a and b ). Example in the letter ‘ a ‘ it talks about relationship to a friend or family in ‘ b ‘ it talks about will I go to the other company cause there the salary is much greater, it has no connection at all. And I noticed also in some questions in the said personality test or personal traits test that it is really different from the choices ‘ a ‘ and ‘ b ‘ like in ‘ a ‘ it is a scene while in be it is a question. It takes time for me to answer some of the items because I think of it repeatedly and maybe some items I answered it two ( 2 ) to three ( 3 ) minutes cause I want to answered it with no doubts in my mind. I feel confident about my answers in each items and I’m ok in whatever results I have.

And after all of us finished answered the test, our facilitator said to us that we must score our own test by showing us or providing us on how we should score our selves. Each letter ( the letters a and b ) that we had chosen in each numbers has a corresponding points, like 1 ( one ) , 2 ( two ), and zero ( 0 ). It depends on the question, I noticed that I got some zeros, I thought I will not get zero in some of the numbers because in numbers 1 – 15 if I could still remember I didn’t get zero , I summed it all and I got forty points ( 40 ) yehey! ! ! ! !. And after we summed up our points our facilitator announce the interpretation of results that we got, 0 – 25 “ not entrepreneurial ”, 26 - 36 “ neutral “, 37 – 47 “ SOMEWHAT ENTREPRENEURIAL “ and lastly 48+ “ very entrepreneurial “. 

After hearing the results from our facilitator, I looked into my paper seeing the score of forty ( 40 ) and in my mind I said “ is this my score ? “ how come I belong to that result. It means that I am capable of becoming an entrepreneur or a technopreneur in the near future, that I can be a business man and create my own business and can help many people by giving them job in my business or maybe I can be a technopreneur in the country that will mark in history. I can’t believe at first cause I really thought that I don’t have the traits of an entrepreneur. Even though the results of the said test is not the only criterion that we can say that we can become a good entrepreneur or technopreneur. But for me and it gives hope that someday I will be in business world and will have the things that are present only in business. That I may become rich and gain money that will help me and my family in the future. As what our facilitator said and I have known, there is also IQ test ( IQ means Intelligence Quotient ) , EQ test ( EQ means Emotional Quotient ) and AQ ( AQ means Adversity Quotient ) and more that compromise to our success or failure in life. So meaning the test that we had last 14th of August 2010 was like a partial fulfillment for me, as we know that test is not the only test that we must have in order for us to say that we have a chance to be a good entrepreneur. For me having a good personality in business is not enough or not the only needed factor to be successful, a person must have also emotional stability and intelligence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment